How to Report a Claim:
- Claims may be reported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The producer or the policyholder may report a loss
- Losses should be reported in accordance with the policy wording
Reporting Your Loss:
Please Include the Following Information with the Loss Report
- Policy number
- Name of insured on the policy
- All phone numbers for the insured and/or their designated representatives
- The date, time and location of the loss or damage
- Description of the loss and damage (If multiple buildings are insured under one policy, specify which building is damaged and the specific address listed on the policy)
- Location where damaged property can be inspected, if it has been moved from the insured location
- A contact name and phone number for the person reporting the claim
In the Event of a Loss
- After a claim has been received, a claims representative will call to speak with you about the loss and arrange an inspection of the damaged property. This list is intended to help you with the claims process.
- Look for potential safety risks. If the building is unstable, do not enter.
- Report downed power lines or gas leaks to authorities as soon as possible.
- Make emergency repairs to your building to mitigate your damages when safe.
- Protect all personal property from further damage.
- Do not discard any item without first speaking with a claims representative.
- Take photos of damage.
- Keep an accurate record of any repair expenditures.
- Be prepared to provide copies of all documents (inventories, receipts, invoices, etc.) to the claims representative.
Please contact Robert Johnson, President at email@example.com or (619) 333-2513 for more information.
Note: All Claims are handled by Catalytic Claims Services, Inc.